Surveys show that the average cost of weddings in the United States range from $26,000 - $70,000, depending on where you live. The key word here is “average”. Many people spend less than the lowest estimate and many people spend a lot more. No matter how you slice it, weddings can be expensive. Here a few ways to have the wedding you want without breaking the bank:
1. CONSIDER HAVING YOUR WEDDING ON A FRIDAY OR SUNDAY
Saturday is prime time for venues and because of that, venues charge a premium price. Friday evening events are now growing in popularity, but in many cases it is still less expensive than a Saturday. However, Sunday is the day on which you will save the most money; the difference in price is often thousands of dollars.
2. PAY ATTENTION TO THE FLOWERS
Flowers can eat up a big chunk of your wedding budget, so here are a few tips:
- Stick to flowers that are in season.
- Even in season be careful of which flowers you choose; roses are less expensive than peonies and are easily accessible all year.
- Have your florist use flowers that have larger blooms, such as hydrangeas. Larger blooms require less stems in each arrangement.
3. MAKE YOUr GUEST LIST AND CHECK IT TWICE
The cost per guest does not only apply to the meal. It includes the invitations, the size of the venue, the size of the cake, and even things as small as favors. It is not necessary to invite every friend and business acquaintance you know. Be selective, and invite those family and friends that are truly important to you and with whom you want to celebrate this very special milestone in your life.
These are just a few cost saving tips. A good wedding/event planner can help you identify many other areas in which you can cut costs without cutting quality, while still allowing you to enhance the experience for you and your guests. Luckily, you're in the right place! To learn more about what we do here at Royal Occasions Inc. and how we can help, click below.